Compassion - the deepest expression of love.


I am so thankful for all the COMPASSIONATE folks in this world - YOU ARE MY ANGELS and I have prayed many nights to cross your path.


Compassion is the deepest level of love we can offer another, because it is UNDERSTANDING and validating what is a REALITY for them. We all just want to feel heard, seen and held in our experience.


None of us are inherently bad. We are just operating under what we know best, as well as survival mechanisms that can sometimes create more chaos than safety. But nonetheless, there's a rhyme and a reason for most behaviours - even the most problematic, even what can be deemed as “reckless’ behaviour can be a form of survival and self-love.
(Ps. I am not talking about having compassion for Donald Trump types who actively destroy others - I'm just talking about having compassion for generally non-evil people's life path's and feelings).

So, instead of dismissing people’s emotions and experiences LETS BE ALLIES. Let’s hold space for each other’s truth. Everyone has valid reasons for being who they are, and feeling how they feel, so, why ostracize them? Why create suffering and rejection in others? Why make this life that is already hard to navigate a matter of shaming and condemning people for being WHO THEY ARE?

SHAME is the opposite of compassion. Shaming someone is the most unloving thing you can do. It says to the other person “You are inherently bad, flawed, and worthless as you are. Your traumas and wounds are irrelevant. Your Soul is irrelevant. Change. Conform. Put the needs of corrupted structures above your own truth. Abandon yourself.” 

Many have shamed me for my life choices and journey. And it has been a painful process to take that in, and then try to heal it and let it go. But I do want to say that I have gained many valuable gifts through my experience with shame. It has made me all the more deep, insightful, compassionate, strong, resilient, dynamic, powerful, and conscious.

I'm just so thankful that after a couple of years of doing this abandonment and shame healing work in my four walls and feeling so isolated and alien at times, that I am now beginning to come across folks who get it! WHO HAVE COMPASSION. Who can hold space for someone as intense and deep as me. Who don't judge my experiences or journey, and who celebrate my process. Its been a long time coming, but I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Compassion saves lives and Souls! So offer it up to another, and also to yourself <3

Special shout out to my sister Moana for always being my consistent safe space from the time I left Mormonism (9 years ago). She has been my anchor, my mentor, my Spirit guide in the flesh, never once judging me or making me feel wrong for being who I am. Never once making me feel shame. Always making me feel held and loved. You are my ROCK! And I honour your own challenging journey that has given you the capacity to be oh so compassionate, and the true definition and expression of LOVE in my life!

Love,
Hana


PS. Before you go, check out my  song “Me, Myself & I” here that was inspired by the very topic of shame. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Reflections

Are “daddy issues” all bad? How growing up without a father can have a silver lining.