Introducing Little Me


Hi all and hello to your inner child too!

I am a huge fan of inner child work, so, I wanted to draw some attention to it by introducing my own Little Me and sharing some of her quirks and things I love about her. I'll then talk about what I believe we can all get out of doing inner child work, or at least what I have.


I absolutely love that Little Hana is bold, courageous and doesn’t shy away from speaking her observant, active mind. An independent and serious little girl, she is constantly assessing and analyzing people and her surroundings. She likes to keep her distance and is not into affection - unless of course it is with her ever growing population of baby nieces and nephews. Whom she adores!
A lover of learning she is really self-motivated with school and even likes to help her classmates with their school work, once she's finished with hers.
She enjoys atlases and puzzles for self-play time and is an overall expert at keeping herself entertained. Lil Scorpio moon she's also an incredible investigator - aka. hella nosy and unafraid to dig for the info she wants even if it's "grown folks" business. 


“Waterfalls” by TLC is her favourite jam, "Pocahontas" is her favourite movie and "Full House" is her favourite TV show.
She can be dramatic. As a baby she cried til she couldn’t breathe and was blue in the face often. She even practically skipped the queue at the ER once, because she hates doctors and hospitals and was screaming so badly. 

She loves playing with her nephews around her age, and even prayed to get a “tail” like them at one stage. She does have some rather unique fixations. With this particular one she even had to correct her fathers picture of himself he drew in church, because he FORGOT HIS "TAIL" - so she diligently drew it on for him. 

The youngest by a mile of her 11 siblings in her big blended family, she's the only child from her parents' second marriage. She does feel a sense of being the odd one out at times and struggles to feel really at home and connected to her environment. So, she dreams of venturing to other places in the world (Lil Sag), where maybe she can find her tribe an iconic epic lifestyle ie. being interviewed by Oprah.

And that's all from Little Hana's perspective y'all! Back to adult me...



When I connect with my inner child there is kind of a split, between before and after my Dad passed. After that my experience in life became more confusing and frustrating. Obviously a trauma occurred and an abandonment wound was created.
 (CLICK HERE for more on abandonment wounds).

We need to integrate and process our BLUEPRINT - aka our inner child to be more empowered and conscious in our lives. When we don't FEEL our rightful feelings our Little selves feel neglected, when they LONG to be heard, seen and validated. 
The lack of stillness in our current climate (bar quarantine) means that so many of us go without checking in with our "Little" or simply with our inner selves and vulnerable truths. We constantly seek outside distractions and success. Ignoring this part of ourselves is why I believe so many of us suffer from anxiety! We weren't born to be corporate producing machines...but that's a different topic...

I've personally started to feel more safe in my own body and experience since doing this work. It feels amazing to be bonded to my little self and my inner experience. When I'm triggered or upset, it helps me get to the bottom of and diffuse my emotions. By simply feeling and validating my own experience I am able to approach situations more centered and less irrationally. I am creating an ever growing feeling of TRUST in myself and a KNOWING that I have my own emotional back!


RisingWoman has some really helpful resources to get started on connecting with Little You! From meditation, to workbook exercises to book recommendations CLICK HERE. 



Even if you don't need or want to DIG how I do with this work, just connecting to your innocence and joy is a lovely thing to do for yourself. So, please go ahead and introduce your inner child to me or at least reintroduce them to yourselves!

Bless xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compassion - the deepest expression of love.

Quarantine Reflections

Are “daddy issues” all bad? How growing up without a father can have a silver lining.